About the Role
Developing our people is fundamental to our firm-wide strategy. We are looking for an experienced Learning & Development professional to bring innovation and best practice to our learning solutions. We take learning seriously and are seeking to embed a learning culture which will enable our people to fulfil their potential.
This is a newly created role within our highly regarded HR team. You will pull together the many streams of our training activities and tools into a comprehensive suite of solutions which will meet business needs. Key duties will include;
- Working with senior managers across the business to identify training and development needs and trends;
- Designing and delivering blended training solutions to meet learning needs, aligned to the needs of the firm, engaging with third parties where necessary
- Designing, implementing and managing a junior management development programme
- Supporting the Director of HR in the ongoing development of L&D and Talent activities to enhance Partner and Senior Management capabilities
Investigating and implementing new learning solutions, bringing best practice and innovation to the firm
Managing the firm’s apprenticeship levy and ensure it is being utilised effectively within the firm, developing a strategy for maximising the use of apprenticeships in the business
Managing spend within the training budget
Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and ensure relevant standards are maintained at all times
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the L&D Co-ordinator encouraging their ongoing professional development
Skills & Knowledge:
You will be an experienced L&D Professional who has experience of working within professional or legal services and therefore understands working in a highly regulated environment with fee earners as your clients
- Exceptional training deliver skills are required as well as the ability to design learning programmes for all levels
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, holding a relevant training qualification
- You will be an innovator and will be driven to deploy best practice and forward thinking learning solutions
- Relationship building will come naturally to you whether that is with senior managers, third parties or staff across the firm.
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
- Management Development
- Blended Learning
- Learning Management Systems
- Training Needs Analysis