Part of a FTSE250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others will not. We are a trusted and ethical lender, lending to our customers face to face and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different.
About the Role
In this role you will take a lead role in the design, development and delivery of software applications providing business solutions.
- Engage, motivate and mentor the wider Delivery team to deliver business requirements, objectives and projects.
- Work with Delivery Managers to foster a spirit of collaboration and innovation in the delivery team.
- In collaboration with the Line Managers, help build the capability of development team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices.
- Leverage your technical expertise to identify best practise in tooling and process, and advise decision makers on their adoption across CCD.
- Be responsible for the software architecture of the application(s) delivered by the team.
- Ensure coding standards are continuously reviewed, incrementally updated in line with technological advancements and adhered to by the team.
- Advise Decision Makers on the alignment of business strategy with digital/technical advancements and trends, and advise on team performance and potential succession plans.
- Collaboration with Line and Delivery Managers to ensure the right people are in the right roles and that skills are being utilised effectively while managing day to day team activity.
- Mentor and support all team members to ensure production of solutions and estimates of high quality in good time, and to foster a 'right first time' approach to delivery.
- Ensure designs and code produced by the team is in line with OSWAP security standards, privacy by design and with a key focus on usability.
- Provides operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify risks and provide proposals for potential solutions, balancing risk with business needs.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong Commercial knowledge of
- iOS Development using Objective C
- Android (Native)
- Extensive previous experience as a Developer who has worked within the IT function or similar environments at a Senior level.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation, including the ability to influence more Senior colleagues.
- Advanced problem solving skills - knowledge and experience to resolve complex problems where precedent may not exist.
- Able to delegate responsibility, both to members of the delivery team and also to Decision Makers, where appropriate.
- Demonstrable recent experience of adopting emerging technologies to drive efficiencies and/or innovation in a commercial environment.
- Strong experience of multiple aspects of the Software development lifecycles:
- Translation of business requirements into technical tasks, logically grouped for optimal efficiency in development/delivery
- Supporting live deployments
- Supporting release deliveries in warranty period and S&M phases
- Working in Waterfall project based and Agile software delivery methodologies
- Experience of Agile delivery tools like VSTS, Jira, VersionOne etc.
- Experience of working in an Agile manner
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business.
- IT Security and infrastructure.
- Architecture experience (solution delivery and IT infrastructure).
- Previous experience of a Waterfall to Agile transition.
- Previous experience of enterprise level software delivery using one, or all of the following technologies:
- .Net C#
- Degree or equivalent
- Software development and architecture certifications.
- Professional group membership, specifically developer and architect focused.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
25 days annual leave increasing with service.
Up to 10% annual profit bonus.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Company Car/ Car allowance
- Lead Systems Designer (Mobile)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job