About the Company: Our client is a well-established business in the local area to Mansfield.
- Provide 1st Line Technical support - Be the ICT first point of contact and the customer facing element of ICT and manage the tickets appropriately and depending on status.
- Logging of all correspondence relating to the provision of ICT services, for example; any system faults, change requests and other ticket types using ITIL (the IT industry Service Management standard) best practice.
- Manage general communication and notification of any service outages with the customers, by liaising with suppliers and colleagues in ICT.
- Regularly update customers with the latest information on their reported problem, and communicate this back either via email, Service Desk News items and in person.
- Ensure that the Service Desk is staffed during the support hours by working flexibly with colleagues within ICT to maintain cover as required.
- Provide technical support, assistance, advice and fixes to all customers. Support issues may include, but not limited to, providing assistance with user passwords, releasing blocked email, user mailbox assistance and troubleshooting by viewing the screen of the customer using ICT provided tools.
- Perform required ICT daily tasks, and generally ensure that items are progressing through the workflow and then the subsequent logging of any of these exceptions as an incident to be dealt with as per the companies procedures.
- Where appropriate escalate any issues / concerns with ICT service or customer complaints to the Service Management team or line manager, to ensure the right level of awareness and that the issue can be managed appropriately for the company.
- Undertake any other reasonable activities as requested by your line manager.
- Excellent telephone manner and experience in a similar role.
- You must have Application Support Experience and be able to lead on updating and improving processes
- Ability to portray a strong knowledge of ICT and a good understanding of how to resolve problems, and support customers.
- Excellent customer service skills essential.
- Excellent communication skills required - written and verbal.
- ICT literacy - Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office software, good working knowledge of Windows required.
- Ability to take ownership of issues or pieces of work for users following through to resolution.
What's in it for you? This is a Full-Time, Temporary to Permanent role. You will be required to work 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Pay Rate: £12.40 per hour with a salary of £23,876 once permanent. Free parking available on site.
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV to or telephone for further information.
- Service Desk
- 1st Line support
- Service Desk Analyst
- Technical support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job