We are recruiting for a Lead Online Survey Programmer who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and well-rounded survey programmer and web developer to join their fast paced online scripting team. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to utilise your experience and knowledge of online data-collection and programming. The online scripting team manage both Online (only) and Multimode (Online + CATI) surveys for internal clients from around the UK business.
More than half the work carried out by the online scripting team is commissioned by the UK Government and Public Sector clients however the successful candidate might find themselves also working on projects from across a broad range of interesting and important topics; such as employee surveys to international studies or even reputation trackers for some of the world’s largest organisations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Program online surveys with a particular emphasis on accurate and interpretable data-collection
- Customise online survey layouts using modern web standards and technologies.
- Develop new and cutting-edge solutions for web surveys
- Project manage all areas of an online scripting job from quoting to setup meetings through to final data delivery and project assessment
- Support, collaborate and mentor other team members
- Define and rollout relevant training and development
- Abide by strict quality and data-protection policies
You'll be self-motivated and highly optimistic who will not only introduce the team to new ideas and solutions but also help raise the team’s profile both internally and externally.
- University Degree or equivalent level qualification (BSc degrees in programming or information systems preferred)
- Proven ONLINE/WEB scripting experience in market research (preferably using IBM/Dimensions/UnicomSPSS Data Collection)
- Deep understanding of web technologies (DOM, CSS, HTML5, JQuery)
- Extensive SQL experience (preferably with languages like Python, .NET, C# or similar)
- Intermediate knowledge of Git, Github and GULP/NODE
- Good Microsoft office skills (particularly MS Excel 2016)
- Outstanding communication and team collaboration skills
- Must also have excellent organisation and multitasking skills
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to be assertive and confident with their programming skills and solutions
- Front-end developer experience with Java Script / Angular.js / Html5 / Css / .NET / C# (desirable)
We are not looking to fill jobs, but to partner with our people. We value team accomplishments and we believe in leaders who set good examples. We encourage and reward individual initiative, innovation and creativity. Our values (Integrity, Curiosity, Client First, and Entrepreneurial Spirit) are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexible.
We are one of the world’s largest market research companies with offices in 88 countries. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial, client-focused organisation, providing research services to over 5,000 clients worldwide.
Proudly, we are the only global market research company that is still controlled and operated by market researchers. We are intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards, working collaboratively to service our clients most effectively. We are consistently engaged in a variety of complex and high-profile projects in nearly every major industry, and work with governments, institutions and the world's leading brands and businesses.
The Operations team sits at the heart of Ipsos MORI being responsible for the delivery of research projects for each of the specialisms of the business. The Online team are responsible primarily for scripting and processing.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job