EDF Energy is currently recruiting for two positions within our Strategy and Corporate Affairs function, based at our Barnwood Office in Gloucestershire.
Lead Market Rules Advisor (4731)
Closing date: Friday 16th February 2018
Salary: Starting from £66,000 + EDF Pension + 25 days holidays + Bank Holidays + up to 10% Company bonus and Company Benefits.
As the Lead Market Rules Advisor you will provide expert advice to our business on aspects of the market arrangements including the GB industry codes, European rules and transmission access and charging arrangement as well as play a lead role in proactively shaping the market rules to align with our business.
Key parts of the role include: identifying risk and value opportunities within the market rules and broader network regulation; leading reforms to successfully deliver changes; building and managing internal relationships to ensure issues are well communicated in a timely manner within the business and business needs are understood; and the role requires excellent relationships externally and an ability to shape industry thinking and direction.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience within a commercial environment and ability to identify value.
- Knowledge of the energy market and how it works commercially and knowledge of industry rules / contracts.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing and at all levels within the organisation and externally.
- Knowledge of the operation and financing of the network businesses (gas and electric)
- Strong ability to prioritise workload and motivate and manage.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Analytical and numerical expertise.
- Rigorous approach to accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team.
- Knowledge of nuclear plant operating characteristics is desirable