- Working alongside the other Zoned Area Seniors to allocate labour effectively to ensure adequate cover for the Production needs of the business.
- Manage the Engineering budget on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Ensure critical spare parts are held or available within acceptable time frame.
- Ensure the Plant, Machinery and Site are maintained effectively to meet our legislative, customer and production requirements.
- Ensure the Engineering Department meets its KPI targets therefore ensuring department performance.
- Identify and propose Zone Plant / Equipment improvements to ensure continuous improvement of Plant performance.
- Identify and propose Capital Expenditure Proposals that could provide cost savings or in-creased performance to the business.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in the delivery of Capital Expenditure Projects for the site.
- Develop personal coaching skills to improve their dotted line reports, team and individual performance.
- Increase team participation in continuous improvement processes.
- Identify and implement training and development opportunities for team & individuals.
- Ensure that performance and conduct of individuals meets required standards.
- Observe & apply all Health & Safety policies & procedures.
- Coordinate activities during emergency procedure liaise with fire brigade.
- Manage contractors in line with company Management of Contractors procedure.
- Ensure all accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported.
- Identify and organise training for self and team.
- Manage & review maintenance contracts, site services & critical equipment.
- Observe and apply all Quality policies & procedures.
- Ensure that quality of products meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Use root cause analysis to continuously reduce factory downtime.
- Key member of HACCP team.
- Support factory audits and visits.
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated in line with technical requirements.
- Manage Capital Projects varying in size and complexity from conception through commission-ing to handover to the production team.
- Implement and manage a Control of Change Systems for Engineering Works across the site.
- Document all legislative compliance requirements for the site and ensure these are correctly recorded on the Maintenance Management System.
- To deputise for the Engineering Manager as required.
- An Engineering Degree, HND or HNC standard of education is desirable (or working towards)
- PLC Programming / fault diagnosis. ( Allen Bradley PLC ) desirable
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and the ability to produce Single Line Electrical Drawings.
- Experience in a Multi-disciplined maintenance / engineering role
- A good standard of both written and oral English.
- Basic Food Hygiene / HACCP
- Basic Health and Safety
- Data and analytical skills
- Computer literacy
- An understanding of SAP
- £36,000 (Day shift) plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job