Here at Brakes, we have a simple mission – to help businesses who serve food to thrive. And as we have been serving chefs across the food industry for nearly 60 years, with a business built on quality, reliability, innovation and trust, it’s no surprise that we know what we’re doing.
We’re owned by Sysco - the world’s leading foodservice company, and as our Group comprises a family of specialist and unique businesses we are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. We provide a professional and friendly service supported by our national network of depots, which ensure we offer an exceptional and individual service to each and every one of our customers
Sales Lead Generator - Grade D2
Ashford- Enterprise House
Quality lead generation is a critical part of our new business success. The Sales Lead Generator will support our Sales colleagues by delivering qualified leads for quality prospect customers who are interested in trading with Brakes.
- Build an extensive knowledge and pipeline of prospective customers to maximise our opportunities for growth
- Proactively develop and manage a pipeline of potential customers using online research, supplied lists or leads from within the business which deliver a high level of conversion to trading customers
- Research possible lead sources, build initial contact, interest in Brakes and appointments with the key decision maker
- Manage and nurture a pipeline of longer term prospects
- Navigate through foodservice businesses to create meaningful dialogues with the right people
- Ensure that all documentation is accurate and any customer facing communications are professional
- Deliver weekly reporting on all required activities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Brakes and the foodservice market to enable your conversations to be relevant and insightful
- Attend relevant team meetings in the Division or centrally
Measurement of success will be based on:
- Number of calls
- Number of quality appointments
- Conversion of appointments to deliver margin
- Quality and professionalism of communication
Essential competencies, skills and experience
- Outstanding phone-based selling skills with the ability to build rapport with ease
- Previous sales experience within foodservice or a real ‘foodie’ who can relate to customers’ needs
- An ability to pro-actively manage a broad pipeline of work
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A tenacious, resilient and confident person
- Professional, credible and comfortable building strong, working relationships with key stakeholders around the business and with prospect customer
- Motivated by results, with a proven track record of meeting/beating targets you must thrive on a challenge and have a determination to succeed
- Excellent literacy and communication skills – phone and email
- Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Outlook
- Outstanding organisational capabilities to ensure work is well planned and structured
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
Brakes Group is committed to reducing the environmental impact the business has on both the communities it serves and the countries it operates in. It has ISO 14001 accreditation - an internationally recognised standard for environmental performance.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job