A sports technology fan based social media and engagement platform in London (think facebook for sports) are looking for Lead Front-End Developer to join the companies team of world-class engineers from their HQ in Shoreditch London.
As the lead front end software engineer you will set direction starting with a new, global, mixed-media platform for fan engagement.
This is a greenfield product opportunity, supplemented by existing and award-winning video-on-demand (VOD) technology.
As the role progresses, the successful candidate will take a key role in shaping the direction of the new product and the front-end stack, and over time, building a front-end team.
You will work as part of a small cross-functional team consisting of full-stack and back-end developers, designers and product specialists.
- An interest in TypeScript
- A passion for building modular, performant and reusable code
- A drive to innovate and build creative new solutions to existing problems
- A desire to build, understand and own work before reaching for the nearest library or framework• A commitment to web standards and progressive enhancement
- Ability to work as part of team, help other developers when needed and mentor junior developers
- Solid understanding of overall system architecture and web technologies (e.g. databases, APIs, REST, HTTP, etc.)
- A willingness to build robust, tested software where all edge-cases are considered
- A strong understanding of visual design principles, an opinion on design, and a desire to produce visually beautiful work
- Experience working with HTML5 video and associated APIs
- Experience with DRM video mechanisms and/or ABR video formats
- Experience of TypeScript
- A history of open-source publishing or contribution
Competitive salary based on experience (up to £80,000 p.a.). Benefits include unlimited holidays, participation in EMI option scheme, private medical insurance, enhanced pension contribution, and travel insurance.
Apex Resourcing Ltd are a leading Marketing Recruitment specialist and provides services as an agency and an employment business. For this and other exciting IT and Digital Marketing career opportunities please visit www.apexresourcing.com
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job