Convergence Group has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Field Services Manager to join us based in Warrington on a full time, permanent basis. You will be on a competitive salary of £30 - £35K.
At Convergence, our vision is clear: we want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. We believe in Exceptional People, Superior Service and Commercial Innovation. We’ve created a driven, no-nonsense, agile culture that moves faster than you imagine. And every one of us stands for honesty, for hard work, and, well… for getting on with the job. So, when it comes to achieving our vision, we’re naturally hardwired to do it.
What will you be doing as our Lead Field Services Manager?
To take full responsibility and accountability for the performance of the North/South Field Service Engineering team. These core people and functions underpin the focused portfolio of LAN and WAN products and services that are targeted at a small number of ‘high value – low volume’ existing strategic partnerships and large ‘corporate’ end customers.
The North/South Field Services Manager will be responsible for managing the field based engineering team and supporting resources to ensure that the delivery of our products and services and customer experience is consistently excellent.
Key Responsibilities as our Lead Field Services Manager:
- Manage the primary function of the field services team and underpin the ‘Break-Fix/Maintenance’ product. This product currently contributes 25% of our revenue and 35% of our Gross Margin. This supporting team and function must meet and exceed the contractual SLA’s and consistently deliver a fantastic customer experience.
- Provide a professional, well-coordinated and efficient National field resources and team for installation and project programs and services at a 1st and 2nd line level
- Manage the team and resources and ensure there is sufficient capacity and coverage at all times to meet the growing demands of our customer base and volumes. Working in collaboration with other geographical Managers to ensure optimum delivery across the United Kingdom
- Ensure that the supporting logistics (spares) and inventory function is kept up to date by working in collaboration with the Hardware Asset Manager following appropriate processes. Ensure that monthly forecasting is completed, and exceptional audits as required, are completed to ensure increasing workloads can be delivered properly
- Proactively plan for capacity in the team and across the supporting functions
- Ensure that resource requirements are met and that regular feedback is discussed regarding quality, availability and skill level
- Measure, report and optimise the utilisation of the team and resources that reduces the ‘cost-of-sale’ which keeps us competitive and profitable
- Deliver a superior internal and external customer service consistently
- Ensure there is development and succession in the team
- Review, analyse and improve the service you and the team offer
- Proactively and reactively support the management and leadership team when required
What is needed in order to be able to become our Lead Field Services Manager?
- 5 Years + in a high-pressure customer facing environment with experience in managing customer facing technical people and resources from a telecoms background
- Be comfortable and professional acting as an escalation point for customer issues
- Have a fundamental technical and service understanding of the LAN and WAN technologies
- Used to working in a fast-paced dynamic environment that presents regular change
- Experience with managing Vendors and Third parties (Contracts, SLAs)
- Experience of using IT Systems, ServiceNow
- Industry recognised technical qualifications and experience
- ITIL v3 Service Operations qualification
- ITIL v3 Service Management Foundation certificate
- Formal understanding of external process and procedure frameworks with exposure to ISO 2700 and 9001
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lead Field Services Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!