LCV Vehicle technician
Position: LCV technician
Salary: £30800+ 10 % bonus totaling to £34000 no call outs, no weekend work.
Working week: days Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking to recruit permanent Commercial Vehicle Technician to join workshop based in Swindon. The appropriate candidate will perform a full range of inspections, MOT preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair on a range of light commercial vehicles.
Successful candidates must be fully qualified to at least IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification and have proven experience of working on a wide range of vehicles.
Role & Responsibilities
- Inspections, MOT Preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair procedures on a range of commercial vehicles.
- Electrical, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (if approved tester)
- Support workshops team members including Apprentice Technicians as required.
- Accurately record time to complete jobs and associated details
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency
- May occasionally have to deal directly with customers.
Skills & Experience Required
- IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work within given timeframes
- Ability to tackle all aspects of vehicle repair and servicing.
- Diagnostics skills.
Candidates who are currently vehicle technician, LCV technician, mechanic, HGV technician, master technician or commercial vehicle technicians would be applicable for this position.
If you think this is appropriate opportunity, please email your CV to or contact Marta on
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'