KS3 Science / Maths Teacher, Islington
Pay Scale: Main Pay Scale
GSL Education is currently seeking a committed, highly qualified KS3 Science / Maths Teacher who is also confident to teach some Geography / humanities lessons. It would start as a Monday, Thursday, and Friday the number of days could increase for general cover.
Our client is a consortium of three Pupil Referral Units (PRU) split across four sites in the London Borough of Islington. The KS3 section is a small school for pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. The school offers a nurturing environment, which allows pupils to feel safe and ready to learn. Their flexible timetables and high staff to pupil ratio give pupils the support they need to succeed. Pupils are encouraged to achieve individual success and to develop positive attitudes to learning, behaviour and relationships.
The successful candidate must have:
• Qualified Teacher Status which must be recognized in UK
• A graduation degree in relevant subject (Naric assessed for foreign qualifications)
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Good interpersonal skills, both oral and written
• Eligibility to work and live in the UK
• Commitment to high quality teaching and an open mind to new ways of learning
• A dynamic, proactive and positive approach to each and every day
• Passionate for Science, have evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and progress.
The school offers:
• Excellent career development opportunities
• Attracting reward for strong performance
• Growth opportunities such as becoming a resident expert for the school in a particular field
• Motivated, well behaved children
• Supportive and friendly staff
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be subject to strict recruitment and vetting processes and required to have an enhanced DBS check (unless you already have a valid DBS registered on the update service).
We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Primary Education Consultant Hinal Patel as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job