Kitchen Manager - day shifts only - Ipswich
£25,000 + company benefits, day shifts only, and alternate weekends off
We are looking for a head chef or a strong sous chef to head up the kitchen at this high volume in-house company restaurant serving the public and all fresh to spec menus. You will choose the menu from a selection of dishes.
You will prepare & cook the company menu (choice of dishes) order & control stock, maintain standards, legislation, and presentation, and control the GP and all costs.
You will currently be working as a head chef/sous chef in fresh food cafes, restaurants, hotels, or commercial contract catering operations.
This is an exciting time to join them as the kitchen and restaurant are being refurbished and extended in a couple of months.
You will need your own transport.
A massive bonus is that you will work straight day shifts only with alternate weekends off.
ROLE - KITCHEN MANAGER
As the Kitchen Manager you will:
- Prepare and cook the company fresh spec menu from an extensive choice of dishes
- Work closely with the restaurant manager and FOH team
- Manage the small team
- Order and control stock and wastage
- Manage the GP and all costs
- Maintain legislation and compliance
- Ensure high standards of presentation
- Maintain company systems & procedures
ATTRIBUTES - KITCHEN MANAGER
- Experience as a head chef/sous chef in busy fresh food cafes, restaurants, hotels, or commercial contract catering operations
- Passion for working with fresh food and experience working with spec core menus
- The ability to train and develop a small team
- An intrinsic understanding of relevant legislation & compliance
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- Passion and drive to succeed
- IT literate - working with systems & process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader as they continue to invest and expand.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'