School Cooking Assistant - Ashford - Immediately
Job Title: School Cooking Assistant
Tempest Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a School in Ashford who are looking to appoint a School Catering assistant.
The role is based in Ashford and the hours are 10:30am to 2:30pm paying £7-£10 per hour. The candidate will need to be able to start Immediately, and is a temporary role for 3 weeks.
The perfect candidate will have previous experience working within a school as a catering assistant and NVQ Food Preparation and Cooking level 1.
Main Areas of Responsibility & Duties:-
- To assist the School Cook in the preparation of food production
- To prepare basic foods, e.g. vegetable and salads
- To prepare rolls and sandwiches
- To ensure that food production areas are hygienically clean
- To prepare the counters and dining areas for service
- To prepare and set out condiments
- To service hot and cold beverages
- To replenish counters, where necessary
- To ensure that counters are clean and clear of debris during service
- To clear away and clean counters and service equipment after service
- To prepare and clear the dining room before and after service
- To assist with the preparation and service of special functions and themed events
Health & Safety
- To maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
To apply for this position please contact Chris Steeds at Tempest Resourcing or fill out the application form below.