Kitchen Assistant at Beaumont Park, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Beaumont Park, Biggleswade as a Kitchen Assistant. You will be required to assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
Key Responsibilities of a Kitchen Assistant
- To support the Head Chef/Cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- Adhere at all times to the company policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home/commercial environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Flexible approach to work.
Level 2 in kitchen services or equivalent desirable.
Advanced food hygiene certificate.
- 10 - 15 hours per week. Flexibility to work two shifts: from 8.00am -2.00pm and 2.30pm - 7.30pm. Weekend working will be required as per rota requirements.
- £7.50 per hour
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual, in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk.
The successful Kitchen Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.
- Social Care
- Assistant Work
- Nursing Homes
- Residential Care