MWR InfoSecurity Inc. is looking for passionate and talented security engineers, also known by the term security consultants, pentesters or ethical hackers (we don’t really care how you self-identify) to join our UK offices.
- You’ll primarily be performing penetration testing and security assessments for our client base, mainly global organisations facing complex security challenges.
- We’d also love you to do some research to ensure your skills remain relevant in a fast paced world of security.
- How you spend the rest of the time that’s not working with clients is your call. We give you a quarter of your time to research and innovate!
What do we want
We solve complex cyber-security problems on a daily basis and to do that requires an interesting mix of skills. To be successful at MWR and help our clients with their challenges we know you’ll need the following:
- A passion for security! You love computers, you love security, you love hacking things and solving problems. If this wasn’t your job it would be your hobby.
- Technical excellence. You know your subject area, but you’ll also know what that subject area is without us needing to say. You don’t just know how to run a port scan using nmap, you could code up your own tool to perform the port scan if you really needed to.
- Self-motivated / self-leadership. You’re not going to be told what to do all the time. You are capable of figuring out what spending time working is of benefit to MWR and our clients and then run with it. With great freedom comes great responsibility and you also seek out guidance from those around you when you need it.
- Communication - How else will our clients know how awesome we are at owning them, unless we can tell them what we did, how we did it, and how they can fix it. That also extends to sharing your knowledge with your colleagues and in return they’ll share theirs.
At least one, preferably two, of the following:
- WebApp Testing. You know your way around burp, and can do SQLi without using SQLmap.
- Infrastructure Testing. You understand that this doesn’t just mean running Nessus.
- Mobile App Testing. You know that Drozer is the best tool ever for Android testing and you’ll also know what you’d use for testing on the other major platforms.
- OSCP & OSCE won’t hurt your chances, CEH might.
Who we are
MWR work with the largest companies in the World from our offices all around the globe. We are research-led, which enables us to anticipate what challenges our clients will be facing in the future and have already started on the solutions when they come and ask us for help. But more specifically being part of the team at MWR will mean you’ll be a part of all the following:
- We do awesome research, and you’ll do awesome research too! We’ve won Pwn2Own lots of times. We hacked a bunch of mobile POS terminals so we could play flappy bird on them (and show clients why that’s a bad thing), but mainly so we could play flappy bird.
- We are a key part of our clients’ security mission. We work with the world’s largest banks, tech companies and other organisations. That means we get very interesting projects to work on and a chance to solve difficult problems!
- We have a team full of awesome people! This is because we only hire people like you, who are passionate and smart, then give them the freedom to do World-leading research and work on awesome projects.
- We have almost infinite opportunities for growth and progression within the company, our UK MD was an intern 10 years ago!
- We send you to go to awesome conferences! Defcon, Syscan, TI, BruCon, CCC, 44Con, HITB etc. We know how valuable it is to get drunk with a bunch of other hackers! We also run our own internal conferences, that we think are better than most you could pay to go to, and the best cyber security event on the planet, HackFu! (hackfu.mwrinfosecurity.com)
- Web Applications
- Mobile Applications