Junior Sales Estimator (Experienced Estimators Also Considered)
Location: Derby, DE24 8ST
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum depending upon experience
Minimum Hours of Work: 8.30 – 17.00 Monday – Thursday - 8.30 – 16.00 Friday
As we push forwards to become an industry leader in trade manufacture, it is imperative that we appoint an ambitious individual who aspires to make a difference. The company is involved in a number of high profile roll-out programmes across the UK for high street brands and large corporate identities. The last 18 months has seen us explore and succeed with a number of global opportunities, on which we continue to build. As the company grows, a number of progression opportunities will become available for the right candidate.
The Junior Sales Estimator role
NCS Trade Signs is a high growth company serving the fast paced sign industry with top quality signage and graphics. We seek to employ a highly motivated Sales Estimator, possessing excellent organisation skills and having strong values aligned with the company’s own values, which are; Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Clarity, Passion and Excellence.
To receive and process customer enquiries you will be responsible for ensuring you have interpreted and translated customer requirements correctly, costing the enquiry based on suitable/available materials and with accurately calculated labour costs. You will be responsible for ensuring that all Policies and Procedures along with Health and Safety are adhered to, reporting non-conformance and quality defects to the Sales Director
The Junior Sales Estimator key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Receive and process client orders, interpreting customer’s requirements accurately
- To ascertain the most cost effective processes for manufacture
- To advise client of alternatives/solutions when necessary
- To populate sales estimate forms accurately ahead of conversion
- Send quotations in accordance with company procedures
- To follow company policy in order to meet targets including the 2 hour response time and the 24 hour quote turnaround time
- To convert enquiries to sales orders upon receipt of an order
- To contract review jobs with the projects and design departments to ensure that customer requirements are correctly interpreted.
- Ensure sales orders contain accurate information and delivery dates requested
- Answering the telephone - directing calls, taking and relaying messages and dealing with sales enquiries
- Sales administration, including filing and completion of paperwork
- Produce reports for sales team – to be updated daily
- Negotiating prices with suppliers in order to complete quotations
- To follow up sales enquiries and leads by telephone and email
- Maintain and develop relations with new and existing clients
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills
The ideal Junior Sales Estimator will need the following:
- Experience within the sign industry, demonstrating a wide knowledge and understanding of signage types and manufacturing processes
- Self-driven, results oriented with a positive outlook
- A flexible approach is essential as some additional hours may be required to fulfil the requirements to ensure deadlines are met.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Keen desire to grow and take accountability for own self development
- Maths GCSE grade C or above
- Ability to read production drawings
- Must possess an eye for detail and analytical skills
- A proven ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills
- A motivational team player, having the ability to work without management direction, use initiative and possess a positive attitude
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability
- A level Maths
- Sales experience
- Experience of working in 5S and/or Lean Manufacturing Environment
As an NCS Employee you will be offered an attractive starting salary between £18 - £21k per annum depending upon experience, along with a group personal pension and a minimum of 20 days of annual leave. We are currently developing a bonus scheme where employees have the opportunity to be part of the business and works as a team to grow our profitability. Bonuses will be paid quarterly at various levels depending on how successful the company is.
If you feel you’re suitable for thisJunior Sales Estimator role then please apply today!