Junior Logistics Engineer
Our client is a global technology leader based in Chertsey, Surrey. They are looking for innovative individuals who want to drive technology and push the brand to new heights. This Junior Logistics Engineer role is a temporary contract role.
Job Description for Junior Logistics Engineer role
In the role of Junior Logistics Engineer you will take responsibility for analysing current operational and IT processes and develop and implement efficiency improvements to improve operational efficiency and/or reduce costs. In this role you will also be the Super User for our own developed IT platform.
Key responsibilities of Junior Logistics Engineer role
- Assist, support and execute the creation of project plans for new operations and/or implementation of new product groups to meet project targets
- Support new customer implementation projects during preparation and stabilisation phase
- Analyse current IT systems (warehouse management system, transport management system) in order to determine improvement possibilities.
- Define, test and execute development and implementation of new systems and processes
- Adjust customer requirements in IT system
- Act as a contact person for key internal and external stakeholders in order to provide and gather information regarding process or system changes
- Create a working manual / process description
- Create business cases and ROI reports to understand process and system improvement opportunities
- Prepare project status updates for Senior Management in order to keep all stakeholders informed.
Key attributes of Junior Logistics Engineer role
- A degree in IT, logistics or Supply Chain Management
- 1 - 3 years experience in similar role
- Strong analyst with Excellent MS Office skills
- Strong systems experience, particularly ERP and WMS
- Enjoys team collaboration but can deliver results independently
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'