We are currently recruiting for a Junior Heritage Consultant to join an award winning architectural practice based in their Norwich offices. This Junior Heritage Consultant will be working alongside a designated line manager as part of the offices Heritage Consultancy Team. Our client does a lot of work with Heritage buildings so work is always on the go within this well-established practice. You will need to undertake research and assessment of buildings and sites with a historic environment.
This is a real exciting opportunity for a Junior Heritage Consultant to progress within a really exciting practice and become part of a strong growing team. This role will involve a fair amount of travelling, majority of this will be within the Sothern Regions and occasional overnight stays may be necessary. Some days you will be office based in Norwich but a willingness to travel is a must with this role. All travel and accommodation for work is fully reimbursed.
Junior Heritage Consultant Position Overview
- Working as part of a large team, with a close relationship to other Heritage Consultants
- To report to your office manager and line manager on a regular basis in regards to schedules, fees and schedules
- Carrying out 35 hours or Continuing Professional Development each year, may involve some overnight stays
- Conservation Statements and Management Plans
- Clear understanding of and experience working with current legislation including the National Planning Policy Framework and current guidance from Historic England
- Historic Building Appraisals
Junior Heritage Consultant Position Requirements
- Skills with Archaeology, History and Art History
- At least 1.5 years of relevant experience
- Experience carrying out Archival, desk-based and on-site research and producing well written documents
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight on occasions
- Interest in History
Junior Heritage Consultant Position Remuneration
- Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
- Other company benefits to be discussed at Interview stage
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy