Junior eCommerce Project Manager - Manchester City Centre - £25,000 - £35,000 with excellent benefits
Junior eCommerce Project Manager
My client is a leading online distributor within their domain across the UK and Europe with brand new headquarters located in Manchester city centre. They are currently establishing their new Enterprise Hub which will provide state of the art e-commerce solutions. They are looking for a Junior eCommerce Delivery Project Manager to support Project Managers across the various aspects of the on-going activities of the eCommerce development team, including day-to-day Sprint Management and Strategic Project planning and delivery.
As the successful candidate you will work with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Product Owner, Development and Testing Teams to collaborate on work the effective planning, prioritisation and delivery of tasks. You will be required to plan and coordinate all aspects of own projects including defining scope, creating plans, managing RAID log, monitoring progress and producing updates. You will assist with workload management, scheduling and coordination across internal and external development teams based on site and overseas.
Working closely with the PMO function, you will help align on the wider business requirements that require eCommerce input. You will help manage external technical resources and third parties to deliver development to support delivery plans. You will assist with Agile sprint planning and process: coordinate prioritisation with business, remove blockers, risk and issue management and escalation and coordinate tasks across internal and external development teams.
In order to be successful you will have:
- Experience of delivery to an Agile or Waterfall methodology in an integrated application environment
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent planning, organisation and communication skills
- Knowledge of how online businesses operate e.g. customer acquisition, retention, order processing, logistical fulfilment, technical delivery
- Good knowledge of MS Project
- Good knowledge of software delivery lifecycle
- Experience of working closely with development teams
- Good understanding of the technical underpinnings of enterprise eCommerce systems
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience (both written and verbal).
- Works proactively, cooperation and contribution oriented with focus on solutions not problems
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Confident to work on own initiative and suggest and implement improvements where possible
- Takes ownership of tasks and sees through to completion
- Behaves loyally and complies with rules, regulations and legal requirements.
- Experience of working with third parties and remote technical delivery resources - desirable
What you'll get in return
- In addition to the supportive and collaborative work environment, you can expect:
- Excellent flex benefits package together with a bonus for every member of staff + pension
- Flexible working around core hours
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase/sell additional days
- Grade A offices with great transport access
- Opportunity to influence the way we work
For more information on this opportunity please contact me on or send me an up to date copy of your CV.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.