For this Junior Software Developer role you will be working with various technologies to help develop and maintain our various applications with the business with emphasis on our main SAS based application - ServiceNow.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on diverse projects including integration and transformation and be working alongside our experienced developers to accelerate your progression within the business.
We will looking for you to work closely with other members of the PMO and Corporate Systems team including other Business and Technical Analysts/Developers, Project Managers and Senior Stakeholders to ensure the agreed projects are delivered to time, cost and quality, you will also contribute to projects by completing assigned work packages with adherence to company and industry best practise methodology.
Support and maintenance of existing systems will be part of the role, this will assist with learning how the systems and processes are used within the business.Key roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Support, maintain and develop in our SAS based application - ServiceNow and In-house system to meet changing business needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems raised with existing systems (De-bugging / reverse engineering)
- Learning and training with our experienced developers
- Assisting test planning and verifying test scope and results.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Assist in creation of system design and functional specifications for new development projects
- Understand and learn industry best practices in data and application integration
- Produce and maintain excellent documentation
- Create well written structured code
- Compliance with company information security policies and procedures, reporting incidents and ensuring necessary security procedures or activities are completed.
- Knowledge of web-based development and integration (i.e. API’s -Soap / Rest)
- Some experience and/or knowledge with controlled code repository (GIT , SVN)
- Some experience and/or knowledge of testing applications and scenarios (i.e Jeeves)
- Some experience and/or knowledge in Unit testing including mocking and behavioural testing
- Good technical understanding and innovative problem solving skills applying appropriate technical analysis knowledge, methods and techniques to project work
- Strong communication skills. Establish respect and credibility with other team members, peers and project stakeholders
- Ability to share and communicate ideas effectively
- Self-managing, pro-active and can-do attitude
- Desire and ability to work in a very fast moving and demanding environment
- Software and systems development methodologies and the appropriate application of these methodologies to projects
- Knowledge and experience in the IT Services and/or telecoms industry advantageous
- API development
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job