Vaultex is the UK’s leading cash processor. Our mission is to deliver best-in-class integrated cash management for our customers, processing around £140bn in cash per annum. Banks, Retailers and other businesses rely on us to count their cash with the highest level of accuracy and settle their customer accounts as swiftly as possible. We work closely with the Bank of England to identify forged currency and take it out of circulation, thus helping protect our economy.
We operate a number of highly secure environments across the UK, containing large scale automated systems that process the cash and integrate into the banking systems of our clients to post financial transactions. Our work is critical to the Bank of England, our Retail Banking Customers and large retail institutions that we provide services to.
Following a recent change of CIO, we are now embarking on a major transformation journey to establish Agile delivery teams using the latest technology to create the next generation of Cash Processing and Cash Management solutions. This team will work hand in hand with business users to transform our cash operations, and create leading edge technology for this industry sector.
Vaultex is committed to being an ethical employer and strives to ensure all of its 1600 staff are treated and rewarded equitably. This commitment is reflected in our benefits package for employees and our work environments. Our office in Birchwood (near Warrington), located by the M62 / M6 junction, provides an excellent work environment for approximately 100 IT and Change professionals and is at the heart of our transformation journey.
As a Junior Developer , you’ll join a passionate and experienced cross-functional Agile development team with a focus on quality - from infrastructure, to code, to user experience.
We’re looking for someone with usable development experience writing code (either commercially or open source) and wants to gain experience and grow as a professional.
To give you an idea of what you’ll be doing, here’s some of the projects/technologies we’re currently working on:
- Responsive customer focussed web applications powered by Angular, .NET core
- RESTful APIs for internal and external customers
- Data integration with the latest versions of SQL Server
- Getting insights into our data, using tools such as Kibana, Elastic Stack, Heka/StatsD, SQL, MDX - the best tool for the job
- Maintain and extend existing features, and collaborate with the development team to spec, design and build features end-to-end.
- Learn from the team, and learn new tooling, languages and practices in an Enterprise environment.
- Estimate and deliver software solutions within agreed time and budget.
- Work with customers to ensure software solutions are documented, tested and meet stated requirements.
- Consistently deliver accurate and high quality solutions to enable the company to continue to become more effective and successful through technology.
- Understand and adopt software quality standards, tooling, and best practices.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and how they can be used to provide solutions to business problems.
- Provide ongoing support to existing solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for the job
- Ability to write well-structured, testable code, with a focus on simplicity and maintainability
- Care about quality, not only the code you write, but of the project you’re building
- Be comfortable with front-end and/or back-end development
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including developers, designers, business analysts, product managers and project managers
- Be enthusiastic about working directly with users to build and deliver the right features
- Be a skilled developer, but more importantly, have an innate desire to learn and improve
- Some experience with TDD, and writing unit tests
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Experience working on a project with a team, using source control and task tracking tools
To apply for the Junior Developer opening please send your CV to Nicole Tomlinson - HR Manager, and if your skills match what we are looking for we will be in touch.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps) and complete a Criminal Records background check and Credit check.
- Software Solutions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job