Our client is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider. It has 29 operating businesses in 13 countries. The company designs, manufactures and markets high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment producers in the worldwide aerospace, defence, land vehicle and power & energy markets.
We are now looking for a junior developer with a background in IT support to step up and join the team. You will have worked in an IT Support or junioe dev role but have a working understanding of C#, >NET. This role will be responsible for building and maintaining solutions and interfaces based on our Infor Syteline Cloudsuite ERP System using a combination of C#, .Net and Infor Mongoose toolsets. The successful candidate will have a proactive mindset and an ability to prioritize requests based on their impact on the business while maintaining a high standard of customer service. This is a junior / trainee role for someone who wants to learn and progress.
- To build and maintain a healthy relationship with the company's users through conscientious support, assistance and understanding
- To maintain an excellent standard of client systems functionality collaborating with the rest of the team where necessary to implement any necessary changes
- To approach tasks proactively in a positive manner
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop and maintain our Enterprise Resource Development (ERP) software.
- To build sustainable and coherent reporting suites using ERP and web tools
- To redesign and re-implement ad-hoc changes which improve the stability of the ERP system
- To ensure all developments meet best practices guidelines.
- To provide training guides and support to users of the system
- To create and maintain documentation for all changes
- To plan and participate in external and internal training programs as required and in line with the departmental training plan
- To participate in IT projects across the business as and when required
- To support Senior PLC and our sister sites where appropriate with IT projects
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A natural ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- C# development and solution design especially .Net Core, Entity Framework and Code First
- IIS configuration on Windows 2019 Servers
- Experience of Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 or 2019
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI desirable
- Be sufficiently experienced with Microsoft Windows operating systems to troubleshoot and advise users
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Confident working individually or as part of a team
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- Networking, Cloud technologies and Azure knowledge would be an advantage
- Problem-solving and attention to detail, to ensure optimal solutions are sought and created
- Technical skills and the ability to communicate at all levels, including sharing technical data with non-technical stakeholders and ensuring the key messages are understood
- Keen interest in learning, training and further personal development
- A person with the self-confidence, passion and commitment to inspire others to work towards a common purpose, achieving tangible results
- Ability to conduct and champion improvements within IT and other functions
- Ability to manage competing priorities and maintain professional standards during busy periods
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior developer with a strong IT Support background to move on and up into a development role with an internationally renowned business offering career development, training and support.
- VISUAL STUDIO
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'