Pertemps are currently recruiting for a Junior Buyer to join a well-established Manufacturing business based in Salisbury. This is a fixed term contract running for 9 months.
Responsibilities as a Junior Buyer:
- Support the Supply Chain to establish, maintain and monitor KPI’s to optimise supply chain performance in support of spares and production requirements
- Participate in the development of, and become an Expert User in the Purchasing/Planning modules within the business management system
- Lead and support in negotiations, secure capacity and forecasting.
- Gather and analyse spend and supplier data, execute benchmarking, provide relevant data to sales tools
- Reductions in lead-time and cost, through supply chain performance improvement, in-house, cross-departmental process improvements and alternative supply chains
- Improvement through design change proposals, rationalisation, process change, quality
- Create effective working relationship with key internal customers; Product Planning, Sales, Finance, Logistics and Engineering, built on good communication and shared ambition
Requirments for this position:
- Experience working in a purchasing/Buyer role, ideally for a global supply chain
- Experience working with a MRP or ERP systems
- Strong IT skills
- Available immedatley
A little more about this role:
- Full time, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- Fixed Term contract, 9 months
- £30,000 per annum
If you are interested in this Junior Buyer position please apply below with an up to date CV or give Jemma a call at the Pertemps Salisbury branch.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'