We are hiring for a Junior Analytical Chemist to join a well-established manufacturing company. This is for a 12 month contract but could lead to a permanent position in the future and is located in Bury St Edmunds. It is an opportunity to join a small friendly team and full training will be provided. The salary is up to £21,000 dependent on experience with many more benefits on offer.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm with an hour lunch but the company would like to point out they are moving to larger premises in the near future and this expansion could lead to shift work but is not definite.
- Performing sample preparation
- Performing instrumental analysis of raw materials which includes but is not exclusive to U.V. spectrometry, gas and liquid chromatography, chiral gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, and tandem mass spectrometry.
- Sample analysis and interpretation following instrumental analysis within the required timelines
- Assisting in routine maintenance and troubleshooting of the analytical equipment as required
- Report and address any deficiencies in equipment or analytical practices and to highlight and own any continuous improvement opportunities.
- Writing Quality Control Procedures (QCP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPQ’s) as and when requested by the Manager of Analytical Sciences
- A degree in science based discipline, ideally Chemistry or with a minimum of an organic chemistry module
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Able to work independently and also within a team
- Previous experience GC, GC-MS, and HPLC, calibration of balances & pipettes and preparation of Analytical Standards
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy, please ensure that your CV is up to date and all relevant information to this job role is clearly visible. If you have not heard from myself or one of my colleagues within 7 days of your application please assume your application has not been successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job