The recruitment department of the French Chamber of Great Britain is acting as an agency for its 610 member companies, one of which is currently recruiting a Junior Accountant.
The company is an international audit firm.
The position is based in Central London.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on excel spreadsheets and Sage Accounts, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of company accounts preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at agreed stage of completion
- VAT - preparation of quarterly VAT Returns for small size companies under the supervision of seniors
- Payroll preparation of monthly payroll
- Liaise with clients to ensure record delivery and accounts information in a timely fashion/manner
- Provide support to Senior Accountants where necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- French degree (Bac + 2) - BTS comptabilité / DUT GEA or AAT qualified + knowledge of French Chart of Accounts
- Fully operational in both spoken and written English and French
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Exposure to Sage line 50
- Accounting practice experience would be appreciated
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, ability to deal with senior people within various organisations.
- Experienced IT use
- Good team player
Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Please, apply only if your profile matches the requirements listed above. If you think that you are the ideal candidate for this role, don't hesitate to apply.