Joiner/Carpenter (Qualified/Experienced) - United Kingdom
Basic salary £20,000 + Overtime + Bonus (Realistic Annual OTE of £27,000) + Company Van, fuel card, mobile, Uniform, Tools
Peter Cox are the UK’s market leader in damp proofing, waterproofing, timber preservation and wall stabilisation. Although we don’t provide the most glamourous of services, this is certainly essential for ALL of our customers, and to make sure service happens, we are a government accredited learning organisation that delivers training, qualifications and opportunities to its valued colleagues. Whether you are Qualified and/or Experienced Joiner/Carpenter we would be keen to speak with you.
Our Joiners work on a full-time basis predominantly Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. The role will be servicing our customers across Reading and the surrounding areas.
If you are looking to become a Joiner you must hold a full clean driving licence as a company van will be provided for business use.
The role of a Joiner
This job will involve a lot of driving and working on your own, using your own initiative and managing your own time. Whilst you don’t need to be an Olympic medallist, our jobs can be sometimes quite physically demanding, e.g. crawling/lifting/climbing. Your day will be busy and you will have targets to work towards. This isn’t a typical 9-5 desk job - you will be out and about and working on your own, however a manager will only be a phone call away. Our promise to you is that through our excellent training you will be an expert in this field
Day to Day you will carry out the below tasks:
- You will strip and replace timber floors, door frames, architraves, windows and doors
- You will fit cladding, plasterboard metal lath systems and kitchen units
- You may be required to remove and refit radiators, take out kitchen sink base units and re-fix, remove and re-fix a WC
- You may also be required to remove an electric socket front or wire in a fused spur
- There is an element of plastering involved in this role so if you excel at plastering this would be extremely advantageous
Do you have what it takes?
The successful applicant will have experience working as a joiner, carpenter or a technician within the building or construction industry.
- Apprenticeship background or NVQ Qualifications coupled with basic plumbing and electrical skills ideal but not necessary.
- Full UK Driving License
- Can do attitude, and be able to use your own initiative in tricky situations
- Customer Service Skills
- Great communication skills
- To be keen, enthusiastic and friendly
What we offer in return..
- A competitive salary package including £20000 basic and realistic Annual OTE of £27,000
- Company Van
- Monthly Bonus scheme
- Sales Lead Commission
- Industry Recognised Qualification in Customer Service (apprentice level)
- Rentokil Rewards (includes cash-back and discounts on multiple retailers)
- Salary grading system linked to performance for those colleagues who are keen to develop their career within our business.
- Job stability
This job can be demanding to begin with, however all of our current employees agree that you get out what you put in. We’re a government accredited learning organisation, so if you are career driven and want to progress, good news is we like to promote from within. Alternatively if you want to come in, work hard, go home, we still value your contribution to the company.
If you enjoy providing a valued professional service throughout your community, and you feel like you could do the job well, contact us today!
Rentokil Initial are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a diverse working environment.