I have a new opportunity available for an experienced IT Technician (2nd Line Level) for a fantastic client of mine who are based in Bishop’s Stortford.
Based in a great location, boasting excellent amenities on site, my client can offer you a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity to work with a very welcoming and friendly team.
You will be responsible for the Group information systems which enable the company to function effectively, aligned with the client needs and company’s goals. You will be expected to pro-actively review, develop and improve operational communications within the company, recommending new initiatives to improve efficiency. You will need the ability to manage a complex and diverse workload, have exceptional multitasking skills and be able to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
The role will be primarily office based but may occasionally involve travelling to mobile employees, for either problem solving or training. The post holder may also be required to attend meetings off site.
- IT professional with at least two years’ experience
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2016, SQL server, Office 365 (advanced), antivirus applications, active directory administrations, Windows OS, Hyper-V virtual environments
- Desirable skills would be MCITP/MCSE qualification or equivalent work-based experience, experience of delivering SQL based reporting services and a basic awareness of GDPR.
Key duties for the IT Technician;
- Provide first line IT support throughout the company, ensuring system access integrity and managing remote access
- Minimise threats from malicious software
- Planning and implementing installation of new/updated software or hardware plus associated training
- Managing upgrade and maintenance plans of existing solutions
- Monitoring ongoing costs related to IS, so that they remain cost-effective
- Taking ownership of the server backup procedure and ensuring periodic server updates are installed in a timely manner
- Managing peripherals – printers, scanners, field mobile/tablet devices, telephone systems etc
- Managing the asset register related to IS
- Advising senior management/Board of progress on ongoing projects through a monthly written report
- Ensure that all IT based subscriptions and licenses are kept up to date
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies
If you have the relevant key skills and experience for this role, please apply.