Currently seeking an IT career?
Our Client delivers the business outcomes their customers need through a broad range of specialist IT solutions and managed services. They have 140 field-based technical staff, supporting customer sites across the UK. They also have 130 technical staff at their service desk and Network Operations Centres.
They are looking for a IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
KEY DUTIES -
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse’s, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Using asset management tools and call logging systems
ABOUT YOU -
To be an IT Technician Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English.
This company are looking for someone with these skills and personal qualities.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Hold a full driver’s license and have over 1 years driving experience (since you will be driving to off-site locations)
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Some experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other Apprenticeships we have available.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £15,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
AFTER THE APPRENTICESHIP
Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Apply now to Just IT and we will review your application. If you are suitable for an Apprenticeship we will be in contact to discuss this opportunity.
- Computer Literate
- Organisational Skills
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job