Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for an IT Support Engineer to join an international heritage organisation, based in Newmarket, west Suffolk.
The successful candidate will join a small technical team, reporting to the IT Manager, and be responsible for maintaining an efficient, secure and stable technical environment for the company in addition to providing internal IT Support. They are looking for someone who is interested in the more "geeky", slightly unusual sides of IT and welcome people that see things from a slightly different angle. This is not your average Support role!
Please note that typically, Q4 is all-hands-on-deck; you may be working longer hours, etc. However, time off in lieu is then given in the New Year (not affecting your annual leave).
This position would suit someone flexible, who is used to working in a small team and who does not mind rolling their sleeves up. First-Line support will be required in addition to project implementations and technology rollouts.
Duties & Responsibilities for the IT Support Engineer:
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software issues
- Active Directory administration (Office 365 and Azure AD)
- Hyper-V virtualization management
- Exchange, SQL and Veeam backup administration
- Network management and installation
- Installing, maintaining and supporting business applications
- Installing and maintaining desktop OS (Windows 10 and Mac OS)
- Contributing to the development of IT polices, processes and procedures
- Working with a variety of external technical teams to deliver and enhance IT services
Requirements for the for the IT Support Engineer:
- Experience of working within a small and fast-paced IT support team
- Strong commercial experience supporting Windows desktop and server operating systems familiarity with supporting the Macintosh platform would be an advantage)
- Demonstrable customer service and exceptional communication skills
- A full clean UK driving license
You will need to be proactive, approachable and able to work collaboratively.
Please note that occasional over-night stay will be required (Berkshire and Gloucestershire).
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Keywords: IT Support Engineer, Technical Support, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure AD, Hyper-V, Exchange, SQL, Veeam, Network, Newmarket, Cambridge, Suffolk, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure AD, Hyper-V.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
Our promise - to offer you an honest, reliable and friendly service.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
- Active Directory
- Network Administration
- Technical Support
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'