IT Support Engineer
We are looking for a 1st Line Support Engineer for our client based in Rural Canterbury.
The 1st line support engineer will be responsible for providing 1st Line Support and problem resolution to all users of their IT systems and additionally assisting in larger scale implementations where required.
- Demonstrable experience working in an IT Support role.
- Proven all round knowledge of all aspects of IT, including Operating Systems, Applications, Hardware and Networking.
- Demonstrable experience in diagnosing problems and assisting users in the day-to-day operation of computer systems.
- Demonstrable ability to carry out self-directed research when investigating appropriate solutions to issues.
- The ability to work in a pressurised business environment.
- The willingness and flexibility to work the hours required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Science or other IT degree or equivalent.
- Certification or documented training in one of the following: VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Server (2008 - 2012), Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure or Microsoft Dynamics.
- The role involves being the primary user-facing element of the IT Department, providing 1st Line Support to all users, whilst accurately recording all support calls and escalating more complex issues to other members of the IT Team.
- Additionally, you will perform day to day operational tasks, such as creating new users, managing permissions and resetting passwords.
- The role also involves assisting other members of the IT Team in fault finding and correcting more complex issues, as well as assisting in larger department wide projects and system implementations.
- A requirement of the position is the production of clear and concise documentation, both within the department and for the wider user community.
- The IT Department provides out of hours critical support to all systems, including rota-based weekends on call (remote access / administration provided).
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Highly motivated to work both individually and as a member of a larger team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of complex information and requirements.
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans.
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business.
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'