Our Broadcast client is looking to recruit an experienced IT Support Engineer to join their team at Ealing Studios with some travel to other company facilities and customer sites;
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic IT engineer to join the technology team in Ealing. You will be providing on-site and remote support to clients and in-house users in a mixed Windows and Mac environment. This is a
customer-facing role and you will be dealing with users at all levels.
* Provide first, second and third-line support to users and systems
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems and faults
* Pro-actively support and maintain the servers, systems and network infrastructure
* Administer Active Directory, DNS, email and other critical systems
* Configure and troubleshoot networks and firewalls and VPNs
* Ensure that documentation is kept up to date and build up a knowledge base of information on the systems
* Ensure issues and customer requests are recorded in the ticketing system
* Prioritize requests and manage workload in a busy and varied environment
* Continually improve the quality of the systems and services.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Minimum of 2 years' experience supporting end-users and servers in a similar Windows environment
* Excellent knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 operating systems
* Good knowledge of Active Directory user and group management, file and folder permissions, GPOs, DHCP & DNS
* Familiar with WSUS and MDT
* Understanding of TCP/IP networking, switches, VLANs and firewalls (Fortigate / Juniper preferable)
* Experience administering a corporate antivirus system
* Experience in desktop support with necessary skills to diagnose and fix both hardware and software issues at the user's desk
* A positive, enthusiastic manner with the ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from staff and clients
* Excellent troubleshooting, fault finding, and technical issue diagnostic skills.
* Excellent written and spoken English.
Office hours, with occasional on-call and weekend work
In addition to the core skills we would be particularly interested in hearing from candidates with previous experience working with:
* Linux (RedHat/CentOS)
* Virtualised environments (VMware/Hypervisor)
* Container technology (Docker/Kubernetes)
* Network monitoring systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'