IT Support & Desktop Engineer vacancy
£21,848 - £23916 per annum plus 26 days annual leave and other generous benefits
Buxton, Derbyshire area
Hays IT are working in partnership with a large education establishment in the Buxton area to recruit an IT Support & Desktop Engineer on a permanent basis.
Our client has a multi-award winning IT Services Department supporting over 30,000 students worldwide and over 3000 staff across multiple locations within Staffordshire and Derbyshire. Recognised by the UK IT Industry as having highly talented people using industry-leading technologies, they are also proud of their ability to deliver transformational change for the organisation in a culture which supports, develops and brings the best out of their teams to give great services to their students.
This vacancy is based within the Operations & Response Centre team. The purpose of this team is to develop and maintain the organisations IT systems that support the teaching, learning and management functions; driving forward the efficiency, reliability and quality of the systems to maximise value and minimise risk.
The role will primarily encompass support of the front facing IT delivery including support, maintenance, and project delivery of Desktops, Applications and Audio Visual equipment to the students and staff for all aspects of the core business e.g. teaching, events, business services and research.
The role will help ensure all services are running as expected, and are maintained to the correct standards. As part of the Service Delivery function the successful candidate will be expected to work across the various teams as and when the business requires e.g. Service Centre.
* Requirement to participate in Response Team Rota as key part of Operations Centre responsibilities.
* Flexibility with regard to working hours and travel between sites - Buxton/Leek/Chesterfield
Qualifications, experience & skills required in order to apply as follows:
* Degree/HND level in IT related subject or equivalent relevant experience
* Significant experience in an IT Support role covering Desktop, Applications and/or Audio Visual tasks
* Broad knowledge of a range of technologies e.g. application delivery, networking, operating systems, and their capabilities and benefits.
* Evidenced ability of acting as an exemplar individual in terms of high performance within a multi-disciplinary IT delivery team and contributing to the overall team's performance constructively and professionally.
* Understanding of the importance of prioritising resources, experience of working with external 3rd party contracts, and delivering service against SLA's and OLA's.
* Understanding of information security and governance.
* Experience of maintaining, operating, troubleshooting Audio/Visual equipment.
* Experience of operating, developing AV management tools e.g. Crestron systems/Fusion etc. - desirable
* Scripting skills e.g. PowerShell - desirable
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply for this role please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience, together with your current salary requirements for this role and also your notice period and availability.
Alternatively you can call Daney Bowen at Hays IT in Birmingham on if you require additional information.