We are an established and growing IT business looking for keen and personable IT support engineer to join our team serving the education and small business sectors. You must have a desire to learn new skills and undertake training. You must be a team player with excellent communication and problem solving skills. You will be responsible for delivering on-site ICT support to our customers focussed on delivering our core values of quality, affordability, reliability and simplicity. Our regular working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday; however, all staff are expected to be flexible in their working pattern in order to respond to customer needs and business demands. This may include occasional evenings and weekend work.
To join the team at OpenAIR applicants must be:
- Honest, punctual and reliable
- Flexible in their approach, adaptable and enjoy a challenge
- Approachable and friendly with excellent listening skills
- Prepared to take ownership of and responsibility for solving problems
- Committed to training and constantly developing skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated, highly organised and efficient with an eye for detail
- Committed to excellent customer service at all times
As part of our team, you will be involved in:
- Providing expert on-site, front-line support to a wide range of customers
- Supporting, integrating and maintaining ICT systems
- Effective project management focussed upon delivery
- Installation, configuration and set up of ICT hardware including handling, delivery and repair. This may include physical installation both indoor and outdoor and the use of appropriate tools and equipment
- Installation, configuration, deployment and maintenance of software and applications
- Working with, improving and drafting detailed documentation and procedures
We are looking for someone with an interest in IT with some experience and desire to develop skills in the following areas:
- Windows 10 Desktop Support
- Microsoft Office 2016 / Office 365 application support
- Email systems support (Microsoft Exchange / Office 365)
- Networking hardware and software
- Apple IOS hardware and software support
- Laptop and desktop installation and configuration
- Software Installation, configuration and Maintenance
The successful candidate will be enrolled on a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice course, where you will be expected to attend regular tuition days and complete required study and coursework. During the course you will work towards achieving industry recognised qualifications with the opportunity to continue to complete higher level training.
If you have excellent people skills, work well under pressure and can demonstrate an interest or knowledge of some of the areas listed above, we offer a competitive salary plus a shared bonus scheme, car allowances, business mobile phone, 23 days paid annual holiday, workplace pension scheme plus full training and career development opportunities.
The position is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Check. OpenAIR staff are required to be well presented and wear uniform at all times during working hours.
Proof will be required for the following:
You must have the legal right to work in the UK. You must drive with own vehicle and hold full clean licence, you will be required to travel across customer sites and have insurance cover for business use on your vehicle.