Reed are pleased to be recruiting for a local employer based in the City Centre for an IT Service Desk Technician,
Start date : asap
End date : 23/12/22 – may be subject to a review
Salary : £12.93 per hour
Reports to: IT Services Manager
The Technician will be part of the ITS Service Desk Team and will be responsible for the provision of 1st and 2nd line support to Norwich University’s Academic and Professional Services staff. This will include both Mac and Windows users and their applications (all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite and many others).
The post holder will be responsible for the onboarding of new staff, deploying computers to desks, troubleshooting any problems that might arise, maintaining and configuring printers, providing support to staff who may not be familiar with new applications or systems.
Close collaboration with the Service Desk Administrator is essential to ensure accurate record keeping of support requests and the asset management of comprehensive IT hardware inventory. The technician will also carry out asset audits in order to ensure that all the IT equipment is accounted for.
• Providing 1st and 2nd line support of all staff.
• Administration, configuration, maintenance and deployment of both Windows (10 & 11) and Mac computers, printers, and other peripherals.
• Asset management ensuring accurate record keeping of all hardware, its user and location, identifying when hardware is no longer fit for purpose and making recommendations for its replacement.
• Prepare and deliver onboarding services for new staff, including inductions, setting up hardware and ensuring a smooth start to working at the company.
• Decommissioning computer hardware ready for secure disposal
• Contribute to the disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
Please apply online or contact Maxine or Andrea on to discuss the role.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'