Gatwick Airport - Where something new happens every 60 seconds!
IT Service Delivery Manager
Salary: £Competitive, circa 15% performance related bonus and excellent benefits
Gatwick Airport Limited (GAL) is the most efficient single runway airport in the world. It serves more than 46 million passengers to 228 destinations in 74 countries a year on a short and long-haul point-to-point basis. Gatwick is a major economic driver for the UK contributing £5.3 billion to national GDP, generating 85,000 jobs nationally, with around 24,000 jobs on the airport campus alone. Gatwick is a high growth business regularly achieving double digit year on year revenue growth.
To become the most efficient single runway in the world Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. GAL has won numerous awards in its history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. These awards include airport of the year; best airport; favourite airport for short-haul flights and marketing campaign of the year by a retailer.
The Gatwick IT function is widely considered by industry leaders and trade press as being in the top 5 most innovative airports in the world (behind Singapore, Schiphol and Dubai). The IT function has recently won several digital innovation awards including best in-house digital team of the year; best use of mobile technology; best corporate app; business IT innovation of the year and most innovative use of digital technology.
The position is available to a candidate who is ready to work as part of a team in being collaborative, proactive, energetic, approachable and accountable in driving change for good across the full IT managed operational service delivered to the business by both internal and external vendors.
The role is expected to proactively support a team of Service Delivery Managers in delivering the managed operational service delivery of all IT internal and external vendors. The role will sit in the IT Application Support team helping to deliver a first class service delivery model, in order to ensure a great customer experience and drive continual service improvement across the varied and complex IT application services delivered by vendors.
The Gatwick operational support concept places the IT Application Support Team and Service Delivery at the heart of operational IT. They are expected to collaboratively support and drive service delivery proactively across both IT and Vendor Management teams in order to firstly deliver and then exceed customer expectations.
- Collaboratively support the IT Service Delivery Management function working with colleagues in a team of SDM's and directly support Vendor Management
- Drive and ensure a first class service delivery model covering continual service improvements and monthly service review covering accountability and metrics across the ITSM function of service requests, incidents, change, trends, known problems and underlying issues to resolution in order to ensure a great customer experience
- Drive a proactive service delivery support model, by review of process across IT operations and vendors in collaboration with the Service Delivery Managers
- Ensure SLA's are met and exceeded for internal and external vendors
- Drive the proactive management of KPI based reports for all services managed by vendors
- Drive proactive preventative maintenance, BCP and patching schedules
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent communications skills; able to build relationships at all business levels and able to clearly articulate IT issues to a non-IT audience
- Experience of delivering a first class customer service experience across the service delivery function or in the service management function
- Experience of managing vendors in a complex environment
- Experience of the aviation industry and aviation solutions is preferable
- Understanding of complex and highly integrated IT environments
- ITILv3 Foundation (preferable)
- Exposure to customer service delivery skills in the management of internal and external vendors
- IT Service Delivery Manager