IT Problem & Performance Management Technician
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a Stoke-on-Trent based organisation that is involved in building complex data management and software products for well-known companies around the world.
Due to the expansion of the business they currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Technician to apply their knowledge and expertise in a Technical Problem Management role.
Responsibilities will include:
· Executing Problem Management investigations for Servers, Storage, Network and Application level problems in adherence with processes guidelines and SLAs.
· Ensure problems under investigation are kept up today with current progress and status.
· Tackling complex root cause analysis that can involve many days of persistent investigation.
· Analysing and reporting of incident trend data and log/performance data to demonstrate where possible repeat incidents are occurring across the organisation.
· Coordinating with suppliers, contractors, 3rd parties etc. to ensure timely problem resolution.
· Creating, analysing and distributing performance reports for network, server and storage systems.
Assisting the Problem Management Team Leader in:
o Driving Service management best-practice and ITIL process standardisation.
o Supporting Problem Management reporting.
o Reviewing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem Management process.
A successful applicant will have:
· A genuine interest and enthusiasm for IT support and management of IT systems.
· Excellent problem investigation and resolution skills.
· A general technical awareness of all things IT.
· Excellent written, verbal, report writing and presentation skills.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical IT role (such as system administration, 2nd/3rd line Service Desk, Problem Management etc)
You should ideally have some experience in the following;
· Experience of windows server troubleshooting
· Basic Microsoft SQL Server troubleshooting
· Server and storage hardware troubleshooting
· Knowledge of networking technologies
- Knowledge of ITIL framework
Industry Leading Benefits -
· 25 Days holiday + 8 bank holidays
· Employers pension contribution
· Free parking
· Childcare Vouchers
· Heavily subsidised food menu (breakfast / lunch & dinner)
· Cycle to work scheme
- Service Desk
- System Administration
- Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Problem Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job