Are you an experienced and motivated IT professional? If so, our client is now recruiting for an IT Linux Infrastructure Engineer and are looking for individuals just like you!
Established in 2007, our client offer solutions in the personal finance market and strive to offer customers a better way to shop for loans. They believe that their people are the most important asset and that their people are what makes the business tick.
Due to continued success and business growth, our client are now looking to add an IT Linux Infrastructure Engineer to join the rapidly expanding team in Manchester, offering great benefits & incentives. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy department within a growing organisation. This is a full-time permanent role, working 40 hours per week.
What can our client do for you?
- Up to £40,000 per annum DOE
- 40 hours per week
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Healthcare plan
- Life Assurance
- Salary Extras
- Workplace pension
IT Linux Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager you will be part of a dynamic team supporting a range of on-premise and hosted infrastructures for their applications and websites. You will also be responsible for:
- Provision of 3rd line support to ensure high-availability of their online environments (development, test & production).
- Monitoring of systems to prevent and pre-empt issues.
- Be involved in installing and configuring new hardware & infrastructures.
- Assist in supporting a range of back-end systems and infrastructures including telecoms.
- Adhere to incident escalation, Servicedesk SLAs & change control processes.
- Liaise with external suppliers, rest of the IT team and business managers.
The ideal IT Linux Infrastructure Engineer:
In order to be successful for this role, you will need to be an experienced Linux Infrastructure Engineer with strong Linux and virtualization skills is sought by forward-looking and expanding finance company with growing online presence. You will also need to possess:
- Dell and HP server architecture.
- Online infrastructures – Java application servers/Apache/IIS.
- Load Balancing/Failover solutions e.g. Kemp hardware load balancers.
- Hyper-V, XenServer.
- LAN/WAN architecture and communication protocols including configuration of Cisco routers and Sophos firewalls.
- Experience of information/network security and business continuity technologies.
- Experience in supporting high-availability and highly-scalable systems.
- Knowledge of Perl; other scripting languages useful.
- Knowledge of Tomcat. Glassfish and JBoss would be useful.
- Oracle 10g knowledge.
- Microsoft Server 2012/16, Windows 7/10.
- Netapp Administration to OnTap 8.1.2-7 mode and Oracle SnapManager (preferable).
- SQL Server 08/12/16.
- Experience of maintenance and administration of PABX and call centre technologies.
- VOIP technology.
- Education to degree along with technical qualifications (e.g. CCNA/MCSE,MSCA, MCP).
- Highly competitive salary of £35,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Medical Cashplan
- Generous absence pay
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Plus much more!
If you are looking for your next challenge as an IT Linux Infrastructure Engineer then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- IT Linux Infrastructure Engineer