Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website - we are still growing. At we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
Key Aspects of the role:
An exciting opportunity exists for an individual that has an interest in IT and is keen to take their knowledge further to join our IT Support team.
The primary responsibility of the IT Support Analyst is to resolve incidents raised to the IT Support Desk, providing support to stores, warehouses and office users. These incidents are raised via the different mediums of telephone, email, online web portal and face to face. Not every call is the same and you will be dealing with a variety of issues whether they be hardware, software, networking or others, you are required to be adaptable and quick thinking to get you through incident to incident. As we are a retail business, you will find a variety of technologies such as Point of Sale systems, Handheld Scanners, Printers, Routers, Switches and many more.
The business is a great believer in promoting from within. There are opportunities to increase your skill set and be involved in projects that make a difference to the business. We can support you on your chosen path of progression by supplying books, CBTNuggets, allowing you time for your exams and secondments to specialist teams to learn from the people doing the job day in-day out.
About the Team/Department:
The Support Desk are one of many sections within the IT department for Sports Direct. We make up part of the UK based support desk with another section of the team based in London, as well as making up the wider global Support Desk with teams across Europe and in Malaysia. The Support Desk provides round the clock support with the UK team covering 0700-2300 Weekdays, 0700-2000 Saturdays and 0800-1900 Sundays. Shifts are 9-hour days and are rotated between the team. Weekend work will be required occasionally as well as On-Call shifts.
What we want from you:
- Great communication skills
- Adaptability to change
- The right attitude to progress your IT Career
- An eagerness to learn
Some of the essential skills you will need are:
- A Basic understanding of networks (TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, ADSL etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows Administrative Tools (ADDS, DNS, DHCP, Print Management etc.)
- An understanding of Microsoft Applications and Operating Systems (including Office 365, Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 7 - 10)
- Good troubleshooting skills
Although not essential exposure to the below would be beneficial to your application:
- Troubleshooting Cisco networking equipment such as switches, routers and access points
- Administering Windows Domain (ADDS,DNS,DHCP etc.)
- SQL querying against Oracle or MS SQL databases
- Citrix environment (XENAPP 7.6)
- PowerShell skills (Scripting / Applications)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SCCM, SCOM etc.
- Recognised Industry Technical Qualifications
- Full UK Driving License (Beneficial but not a requirement)
- The ability to converse in another European language such as French, Flemish, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese or German would be an advantage
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'