IT Field Engineer
eSift are currently looking for a people oriented, tech savvy Support Engineer with previous experience of working in the field and on customer sites to join our client, the leading global integrated security company, specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
Location: Based in the Derby/Nottingham area to cover the surrounding territory
Salary: Up to £30k per annum plus company car and other benefits
This is an exciting opportunity in which you will be tasked with providing technical support and being the single point of contact for IT issues and escalations in your given territory. You will take on the physical fixes which the helpdesk are unable to solve as well as working on complex IT projects including; up-scaling, roll outs new contract wins, mobilisation and demobilisation, being involved from the start and managing the workstream throughout.
This role is a 50/50 blend of hands on technical work and service delivery working in collaboration with the Servicedesk, Application support teams and database support teams, providing a friendly and positive service to colleagues and customers on a daily basis. For this reason you need to be able to deal with all level of stakeholder from Administrators to Directors, translating technical solutions to non-technical staff.
You will support and maintain hardware, including local networks, software and fault logs, interfacing with Server Engineers in respect of the WAN and Server infrastructure as well as troubleshooting on a range of MS Legacy products and google/cloud hosted platforms.
To be successful in this position you will have/be;
- Previous experience within a field based IT Support role – escalated/3rd line and on-site 1st and 2nd line, dealing with customers face to face as well as technical project based work
- Experience of working with the likes of Active Directory/MS Office/ google calendars/events etc. – our client is currently working a lot within Gmail, google drive file servers, google hangouts, instant messaging etc.
- A mix of MS legacy support and cloud based technology support
- ITIL aligned – either V3 ITIL qualified or working toward ITIL processes with a good understanding/awareness
- Strong customer facing experience and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complicated technical terms to a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to pass DBS clearance
- A full driving licence - ideally clean
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for this position please click on the “apply now” button below. Your CV will then be held on our central database, if for any reason you do not wish us to retain your details please contact us via .