Seeking an experienced IT Engineer / IT Technician for an innovative, successful and rapidly growing business delivering tailored solutions including configurable software and associated IoT devices within the offices and meeting rooms of high profile clients, and in prestigious retail centres. Install networked devices, install and configure bespoke software, and provide onsite and remote support to clients and colleagues. Work on existing client networks in a MS Server environment and from time to time Linux (though Linux skills not essential).
Bury St Edmunds area based, salary £25k to £28k depending on experience, frequent travel, some international. Team lead potential. This is an exciting fast paced role that is pivotal in delivering cutting edge solutions.
Your background should entail varied skills including:
- Several years' experience in an IT support / technician/ engineer role
- Familiarity with network topology, Microsoft Server environments, LAN, WAN - any Linux a plus
- Installing hardware/infrastructure and software on client sites
- Installing and configuring software solutions
- MS Exchange environment familiarity
- Any exposure to or interest in software configuration eg with C++, Visual Studio or HTML is an advantage
- able to work independently on client sites
- working within a small team and potentially directing and overseeing the work of others as lead consultant / team lead
- full UK driving license essential
In the role you will:
- work with cutting edge technology in an exciting forward looking sector
- divide your time between working in the office and on client sites
- travel to sites mainly in the UK though often internationally
- install sensors, panels, kiosks and other devices on existing client networks
- install and configure software on client sites
- support clients both on site and remotely
- deliver smart building solutions, infrastructure and software
- deliver to high profile clients such as global investment banks and large corporate companies
Bury St Edmunds area based and other offices in Luton, Bristol and London where you may travel from time to time. Please apply urgently for this exciting role with an established and successful company embarking on new directions in an exciting startup atmosphere providing excellent career opportunity
- Hardware Installation
- Microsoft Exchange
- Software Installation
- Microsoft Server Technologies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'