Surbiton / South West London
£40,000 - £50,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a public sector procurement professional to take the next step in their career. The role holder will have a good technical knowledge of ICT hardware, software and telecommunications in a business environment and be able to provide specialist knowledge and expertise in the ICT category to ensure value for money is delivered.
• Responsible for the implementation of the category strategy and policies
• To ensure best value is delivered through delivery of EU procurement best practice processes.
• To ensure that the ICT category strategies are aligned with stakeholders business plans and operational requirements, whilst managing risk effectively.
• Lead the supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and on- going supplier performance and life cycle management.
• To keep up to date with the existing and proposed EU public procurement legislation that may affect the organisation;
• Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
• Detailed market and technical knowledge of ICT in a business environment and extensive experience of working across multiple IT disciplines, including Hardware, Applications, SAAS and Telecommunications.
• In-depth knowledge of category management techniques & processes.
• CIPS qualified or equivalent
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Demonstrable knowledge of EU rules and regulations, providing compliant procurement processes and procedures that work to the institutions best advantage.
• Contract development & negotiation of high value and complex contracts to ensure value for money is delivered.
To discuss this role in more detail, contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job