Long established and very successful manufacturing company in Southend are seeking an IT Assistant. They have a Co-ordinator that looks after all of their IT needs, but he also work in other areas of the company so they now need an IT Assistant on a full time basis as they have reached a point where they need an employee that is fully dedicated to maintaining and progressing their IT needs.
They need someone that has some IT experience and training. Apart from some initial guidance/support they are not able to give in house training and would expect this person to be able to assess their needs and maintain their current system and improve it. They are happy to help with any courses or out of house training that the applicant may need.
This is an exciting new opportunity for those with a genuine interest in developing a career within IT. They are looking for someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a passion for working in IT. You will be prioritising and handling printer support, password resets, setting up desk top equipment, mobile phones and laptops, in addition to some network and server-based duties. There could also be a wide range of other duties depending upon applicates abilities.
IT technical support officers are mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organisation, but you'll generally need to:
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replace parts as required
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- support the roll-out of new applications
- set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- the ability to think logically
- a good memory of how software and operating systems work
- excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with staff to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- the ability to work well in a team
- problem solving skills
- a strong company focus
- the ability to prioritise your workload
- attention to detail.
- be self motivated
For further information contact Kim Baker at ENS Recruitment in Westcliff or apply today.
ENS Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer