Our client, a household name with revenues of approximately £1bn, is a PE backed retail business. Following on from a recent change in the Finance Team, the company is now looking to hire a Finance and Commercial Analyst to assist in the further development of the company’s ambitious growth strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning the major responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the preparation of forecasts and business plans through working with multiple departments and stakeholders including scenario planning, what-if analysis and preparation of high quality presentations
- Evaluating the validity of new site tenders and opportunities
- Identify areas of commercial or operational opportunity and work with non-finance functions to conduct analysis that provides insight on the underlying dynamics
- Prepare detailed recommendations for implementation that maximises value creation and or mitigates emerging risks
- Support project owners with the creation of detailed business cases that ensure senior stakeholders are well informed and results in improved decision making
- Qualified accountant from a CIMA/ACCA/ACA background.
- Driven self-starter and strong team player that can work independently
- Able to spot the areas to focus on and assist in decision making process
- Previous experience in investment appraisal eith capex or operational investment
- Strong eye for detail and a passion for accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment taking control of your own workload managing competing priorities with tasks arising from a variety of sources with frequent tight deadlines