St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £90.7bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of this role is to help Partners acquire and service their clients through the provision of technical investment support. This role supports the Partnership, field management teams, head office departments and clients deal with investment technical related queries through a phone, email and face-to-face service. We provide specialist support around articulating the investment management approach used by St. James’s Place, our wider investment proposition as well as advice on markets, portfolio & fund positioning and performance against key benchmarks.
- A substantial part of the role will be answering telephone queries around our investment proposition and related email queries via the team inbox
- Confident and competent to explain and train how our range of investment tools work and the benefits their use offers Partners and their clients
- Generating investment performance reports for client review meetings
- Supporting other departments such as the Private Client Team with large cases or Client Liaison with performance related complaints
- Leading and inputting into department and wider business investment related projects e.g Tax year end
- Building and maintaining insightful and engaging investment marketing material for use by the Partnership
- Attending Partner and client meetings to provide detailed investment technical support
- Building and maintaining in-depth technical, generic and St. James’s Place specific investment knowledge together with a strong awareness of the macro economic factors that impact on investments
- A strong investment technical ability, demonstrating acquired knowledge gained through exams, further reading and experience to help provide a holistic answer to Partner and client queries
- A strong interest in investments and markets with the ability to discuss these clearly and succinctly so that Partners, clients and other parties can make informed decisions
- Articulate St. James’s Place fund performance against benchmarks and markets, demonstrating the added value by investing via a St. James’s Place Partner
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads and be flexible in approaching varied priorities
- Polite, helpful and patient telephone manner
- A team player with a positive attitude
- The ability to gather key information before providing responses which meet the client’s holistic financial planning needs
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Attained the Diploma in Financial Planning or be close to, with aspirations to reach Chartered / Fellow status
- Understand the history of the funds, changes to fund managers, fund names and mandates and how this impacts on the Partnership and their clients
- Have an understanding of the wider market performance and current affairs
- In-depth knowledge of investment products
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed almost £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2017 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2017/18 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’by readers of Money Pagesand voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job