Job Title: Internal Sales Engineer
Reporting to: Sales Director
Manufacture high power electrical resistors used in electricity generation, transmission and distribution.
Applications for our products include the neutral earthing of MV and HV systems, the dynamic braking of motors and industrial drives and the load testing of batteries and generators (LV and MV).
We supply to large contractors, OEMs and end users throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America.
The Internal Sales Engineer is the initial technical resource for the company and is responsible for actively driving and managing the "application evaluation" stage of the sales process. The role operates as a bridge between Customers and Contracts/Engineering teams, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of resistor products.
A key member of the Sales team you will build close relationships with our customers in dealing with technical sales enquiries, producing accurate and competitive quotes and being able to source solutions to meet their needs.
* Processing customer enquiries, which will involve:
* Initial customer contact via telephone, email, face and face to face
* Managing and understanding and interpreting customer requirements
* Producing designs and costed solutions to satisfy these requirements, whilst maximising the benefit for the company
* Production of quotations/tenders in a timely, clear, detailed and accurate manner.
*Follow up quotations in a timely manner to secure profitable orders
* Maintain expert level of product knowledge and applications.
* Provide pre-sales technical expertise and product education to new and existing customers
* Ensuring orders are processed quickly and that information allowing for design and manufacturing is passed to the relevant department
* Ensuring that customers are kept informed of order (contract) status and that any issues are resolved quickly
* Maintaining accurate up-to-date records of enquiries, quotations, orders and customer activity
* Pursue new business opportunities
* Occasional site and customer visits
* Supporting the Contracts, Engineering and Production departments
* Building relationships with customers and potential customers to understand their requirements.
• Main place of work is in Leicester
• Occasional site and customer visits may be required
• Budgeted order intake
• Delivery performance and quality
• HNC in electrical engineering or equivalent apprenticeship.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Customer focused approach with excellent communication skills
• Problem solving approach
• Strong technical mindset and able to read and interpret technical data and translate to others
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft products including Word and Excel
* To be organised, accurate and have an eye for detail
• Degree in electrical, electronic or control and engineering
• Familiarity with either large OEMs and contractors or international customers.
• Previous experience or knowledge of high power or high voltage
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'