Your new company
Dynamic growing Group business in Financial Services in Swansea - with excellent career progression. Newly created role to support the Head of Internal Audit in the delivery of audit assignments across the business using a Risk Based Internal Audit approach. Stand alone with succession planning for the Head of Internal Audit role.
Your new role
The role will focus on the independent evaluation and appraisal of the internal controls over the key business processes. In addition influence to create a culture of risk awareness and manage controls across the business. Primarily based in Swansea, with a small element of UK travel. Working relationships with management and staff in other departments across the group's businesses and contacts with external bodies such as the external auditors.
General Audit Responsibilities:
* Manage stakeholders effectively at all levels (team and client)
* Clear ownership of audit assignments with minimal inputs from the Head of Internal Audit
* Perform risk based audit assignments (including group themed reviews)
* Gain understanding of control processes which are in place
* Carry out sufficient testing, including detailed analysis/evaluation where appropriate, to ensure control processes are effective
* Develop recommendations that are practical and effective within reasonable cost/benefit criteria to strengthen the control environment
* Prepare audit reports of work done with findings and recommendations
* Follow up on the status of implementation of agreed recommendations
* Use IT tools to automate and improve the efficiencies of the audit process
* Assist in the development of the internal audit department to meet the needs of this rapidly growing organisation. * Where necessary, work with business areas to provide innovative solutions that add business value, protect corporate assets and contribute to the Group's profitability
* Raise the profile of the audit function
What you'll need to succeed
The following skills and experience
* Strong Internal Audit experience from either the commercial sector (Financial Services or Insurance preferred but not essential) or the public sector
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
* Qualified Accountant (IIA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with post qualification experience
* A team player
* Good communicator
* Capable of independent thought
* Planning and organisation skills
* Able to deliver to tight deadlines
* Able to manage multiple and / complex audits
* Able to be entrusted with confidential data
* Ability to clearly document work and summarise observations
* Good and practised in writing reports for use by senior management
* Technically sound with a good understanding of control concepts. The work involved will not be limited to financial reviews and is primarily operationally focused.
What you'll get in return
A challenging career role within a dynamic Group company with career progression and prospects. Very competitive salary, great benefits package including healthy pension, bonus, BUPA and flexible benefits scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- internal audit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job