Role and Responsibilities
To assist with the planning and design of living and commercial environments turning ideas into reality. Designing space that is practical for its purpose as well as visually pleasing for the customer. As this department also sells flooring, you will also be responsible for tying the full look together, and include flooring in your designs.
- Develop ideas about potential projects
- Survey customers’ homes to gather accurate measurements
- Recommend, select and plan "thelook" for clients
- Source products
- Produce "sample" or "mood" boards, if and when required
- Close the design sale
- Sell carpets and flooring across a number of products
- Deliver accurate estimates based on customer dimensions provided by our estimator
- Knowledge of customer service and sales principles
- An eye for design, including colour and 3D awareness
- The ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Project management skills
- An interest in changing trends in design
- A flair for home-styling
- Valid UK driving license beneficial
- A "cando" attitude with a positive, calm and polite nature
- Reliable with ability to juggle a number of projects
- Team focused
- Experience of working on a design project, educationally or commercially
- Experience of working in a retail environment
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension Plan
- Generous Holidays
- Staff discount
- Free parking
- Friendly, modern working environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'