Interim Purchase Ledger Clerk
Chase and Holland are currently recruiting for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk for a temporary position based on the outskirts of Buxton. In this position, you will be responsible for recording all authorised purchases of the company and preparing payments to suppliers.
- Matching supplier notes and reports with invoices to ensure accuracy
- Submitting checked invoices to management for authorisation prior to payment
- Recording all transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Paying suppliers in accordance to company guidelines
- Daily reconciliation of the bankbook with statements
- Managing petty cash flow
- Documenting all imports and completing monthly returns to customs and excise
- Ensuring supplier details are correct and up to date on the database
- Adhering to month end deadlines in respect to stock valuation
- Raising any disputes with the team leader
- Analysing the spreadsheet of regular costs to the business
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in dealing with the purchase ledger in a finance team
- Strong computer skills including Excel
- Excellent communication skills and confidence liaising with third parties over the phone
- Grade C or above in GCSE/O Level Maths and English (or equivalent)
- An AAT qualification is preferred but not essential
This is initially a 6 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave. The hours are full time and paying up to £17,000 pro rata. Free parking will be available.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job