Job reference number 48097
Integration Solution Architect
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
Solution Architecture at Royal Mail
With a workforce of 150,000 and the complex logistical requirements necessary to deliver 10’s of millions of letters every day and a billion parcels a year, Royal Mail IT has to be world class and so do the Solution Architects that deliver it.
It’s an exciting time to be a Solution Architect at Royal Mail. With over a hundred projects underway at any one time there is a huge opportunity to contribute to the business’s desire to transform and grow.
Over the past 3 years the Solution Architecture team has grown significantly and having demonstrated the value it delivers is set to grow further.
The well respected architecture team now constitutes a number of highly skilled architects. They come from a variety of backgounds and have varying and complimentary skillsets to support the myriad of technologies deployed at Royal Mail.
Whilst the architecture team is built of a number of individuals it operates as a single function offering a supportive environment, first class training courses and opportunities to learn different skills and techniques across the Royal Mail project portfolio.
•As an Integration Solution Architect you will be responsible for ensuring that Solution Architectures are fit for purpose, deliver against the business needs and are architected appropriately for the longer term strategic needs of the business.
You will do this by working with key stakeholders in our supplier communities and alongside other RMG internal functions.
You will ensure that all architecture deliverables are of the appropriate standard and all projects are effectively governed via a formal gating process.
You will be working with the latest technologies and working in a DevOps environment, using a number of the market leading DevOps toolchain tools.
You will be designing very high volume, near real-time transaction processing applications in a challenging environment
- A ‘can do’ pragmatic attitude that is delivery focused and able to withstand project pressures due to tight timescales and complex IT ecosystems.
- A team player that can offer support to their team members and have the confidence to ask for help from others within the team when necessary.
- Experience of having worked in complex outsourced multi-supplier environments and the understanding of how to architect and assure solutions in these situations
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined project team, able to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders appropriately.
- A self-starter able to lead others from a technical perspective and a willingness to take ownership of technical problems and subsequently resolve them by consulting and approving solutions with the relevant stakeholders.
Key Experience and Skills
A broad understanding of a variety of technologies:
- Strong integration skills and a good understanding of a variety of different integration techniques & protocols
- Either IBM Integration Suite, namely;
- WebSphere Message Broker / IBM Integration Bus
- WebSphere MQ
- IBM DataPower Gateway
- OR TIBCO Integration Suite, namely;
- Active Spaces
- Use of open source equivalent products is desirable
- Prior hands-on experience in the following programming languages is desirable:
- Shell scripting
Understanding of a variety of development methodologies and techniques:
- TOGAF / Agile Development / Prince2 / UML / Archimate
Experience of a variety of business functions and common architecture patterns:
- Mobile Devices
- Multi-Channel Architectures
- Capacity Planning
- High Volume Transaction Processing
- Data Warehousing and BigData
- Cloud Architectures (Private, Hybrid)
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 05/03/2018
Architecture, Solution Architect, System Administrator, Database, Java, Engineering, Technology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job