Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Global Academic publishes books, journals and digital resources for the research, professional and higher education markets.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join the UK sales team at our Oxford Head Office in a role managing designated accounts, generating new business as well as maintaining existing relationships with universities and institutions in the UK and Ireland, and providing administrative support for the sales managers.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Promoting new print and digital products to contacts at selected UK and European universities.
- Managing and developing relationships with lecturers and universities in order to grow adoptions of OUP textbooks.
- Seeking out new opportunities for OUP Higher Education products in order to maximise sales and increase OUP’s profile.
- Creating tailored sales campaigns, conducting telephone interviews and email contact with our academic customers.
- Ensuring that customer and product data is kept up to date on our adoption database.
- Providing feedback on market and sales information to the UK Higher Education publishing team.
- Administrative support for the Sales Managers and field based sales teams. Supporting and managing internal processes for supplying key products as well as providing information for the field sales team.
The successful candidates will need to be:
- Commercially minded
- Computer literate and have an attention to detail
- A strong communicator with influencing and relationship building skills
- Well organised and able to juggle a busy and varied workload
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
OUP offers a full range of supporting benefits and competitive bonus.